Saturday, October 9, 2010

Let the travel Gods guide you!

After a few exciting days in Van in the east of Turkey near the border with Iran I wanted to go back home which is right across the country in Didim on the Aegean Sea. As, on the one hand, I love to travel by coach, but, on the other, that entailed a 27 hour ride, I suddenly had the idea to interrupt the trip half way and have a look at Cappadoccia. The travel Gods spoke to me and suggested I stop over in Kayseri. I did and what a find it was. From there I took a minibus to the town of Ürgüp, the true gateway to Cappadoccia. On my way the first bizarre formations of volcanic stone, eroded by time, wind and rain and shaped into incredible forms, hove into view. The further I travelled, the better it got. A landscape like from another planet and to be found nowhere else in the world. Instead of a stop over I stayed 2 days and would even have gone on one of the famous baloon rides if it hadn't started pouring with rain and all flights were cancelled. Sitting snugly in a little tour bus and dashing out from time to time to take a closer look was nice enough.To top it all, the travel Gods spoke again and guided me to a romantic cave hotel with only 7 rooms and family run. Now I feel ready to continue my journey home, happy to have had another unforgettable travel experience to share with you. The picture was taken by my travel companion Bev Sanders from Brusseles.

5 comments:

  1. Super trip, Inka. And I agree, let your instincts (ie the travel gods) lead you where they will. I like the way you travel which is my style too -- only I wish I had the funds to do it. More great stories. And don't forget to send some more to Travel Thru History!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I high appreciate this post. It’s hard to find the good from the bad sometimes, but I think you’ve nailed it! would you mind updating your blog with more information? india visa for austrian citizens

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you The foreign visitors need to apply for evisa kenya online online. That offers them fast and secure visa services. You also can check the al information regarding to visa here to get in the Kenya.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I appreciate your work, Thanks for sharing... There is good news for international travelers. The Indian government restored the Indian tourism sector and also India tourist visa for the long term, which means I have more time to explore India.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Hii sir, What a great explanation in your post. . Do you know How many categories of India e-visa? You can find this info on our electronic Indian Visa website. We provide all info about travel/visa, You can read on our India e-Visa website. All info available here.....

    ReplyDelete